Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Sagitta, The Arrow: Mazarrotte Series Part 14

Psalm 38:1-3. “O Lord, do not rebuke me in Your wrath,
Nor chasten me in Your hot displeasure!
For Your arrows pierce me deeply,
And Your hand presses me down.
There is no soundness in my flesh
Because of Your anger,
Nor any health in my bones
Because of my sin.




The Arrow, “Sagitta,” The Eagle Falling, “Aquila,” and the Dolphin, “Delphinus,” are the three minor constellations, or decans, that belong to the Goat Fish: Capricorn.  
We saw in part 13 that these two creatures combined into one depict Jesus’ dual nature.  Now we’re going to expand on the story in these three Decans of Capricorn, beginning with the Arrow.



(Sagitta, The Arrow.)

Sagitta, The Arrow.
The Arrow is a symbol of God’s justice.  It was aimed at Jesus, the Lamb of God, Who humbled Himself, bore our sins like a garment, and took our punishment and judgment in our place.

Psalm 38:2 tells us, “Your arrows pierce me deeply, And Your hand presses me down.”  Lamentations 3:12-13 goes on to say, “He has bent His bow
And set me up as a target for the arrow.
He has caused the arrows of His quiver
To pierce my loins.

God’s Bow.
How are arrows deployed?  You shoot them from a bow!  

Remember what God told Noah after the flood?  He said, “I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth.”  The Hebrew literally says, “My bow.”  

Any questions why there was a rainbow in the clouds after the flood?  It was a picture of God saying to us, “No more shooting arrows of judgment” at us.

He further spells it out in Isaiah 54:9.
“For this is like the waters of Noah to Me;
For as I have sworn
That the waters of Noah would no longer cover the earth,
So have I sworn
That I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke you.”



NO MORE SHOOTING ARROWS OF JUDGMENT AT US BECAUSE OF WHAT JESUS DID!!!

Names For The Sign.
The Hebrew name for this sign is “Scham,” or “Sham.”  It means “Destroying.”  The Arrow was sent to destroy, depicted in the dying of the Goat part of Capricorn and the falling of the Eagle,, “Aquila.”  That is the next decan we will be discussing.



Ancient Names Of The Stars.
The only name that has been preserved for us is pictured above:  Kaus, or Al Kaus, from the Arabic language.  It simply means the same thing as in Saggitarius:  “The Arrow.”

The Denderah.
Last but not least, let’s look at the oldest Planisphere.  The Egyptians of Denderah saw this star grouping a figure with a feathered tail with the head of a hawk standing over the junction where Capricorn’s goat head and fish tail meet.  They called it “Fent-kar,” meaning “Serpent enemy.”  They also associated this sign with the serpent (the enemy) being destroyed.

What amazing detail and description of what Jesus endured in redeeming all of us.  Thank you, Jesus, for taking all our judgment and punishment for us!  We are forever grateful!!!

Please follow the link below to part 15.  We’ll be learning about Aquila, the Eagle falling.  Grab a box of tissues!

No comments:

Post a Comment